388 Truck update - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Music and Hot Rods

Wiki Edits: 0

Ggggrrrrrr~!!!!!!!!!

This is the way I received my new lifters!!! Is ANYTHING going to go right on this build????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lifters-1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	298841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lifters-2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	298849  

Advertisement

Last edited by Greg T; 05-04-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2016, 12:28 PM

HM!

I know that UPS guy...Sorry man. Jim (64 nailhead) is a great guy to hang out with.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Music and Hot Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
I can see some scratches might as well send em back. tell them to send you a label or you dispute the charges with your credit card company. Since they arrived damaged and very poorly packed. ups is not going to pay for those as shipping issue without proper packing its no deal. We ship stuff all over the world and dont send anything out in just a plasitc box with room to move around. If they can bounce around inside the box they will surely get loose. We always bubble wrap and cut the box to shape so there is no room for it to get damaged inside the box. Unless the box is crushed. With lifters they can pretty much go thru hell sep for knocking into each other.

Good time to get a recommendation from comp and the right lifter that will take the rpm a higher lift/duration cam will produce. if the cam will push the engine above 6000 rpm or more than 600 lift you can imagine the lifter for a normal setup wont do the job.

COMP Cams: Short Travel Link Bar Retro-Fit Hyd. Roller Lifters; GM SBC

Certainly not cheap. But should hold to 7K + I think they are good for 8K rpm but dont quote me. Comp also sells a tall lifter for use on roller blocks that use like bars to get past the taller lifter boss. So still might be worth talking to them to see what they can recommend for the cam and the small base circle and if the lifter bosses are tall may be worth it to ask what works.

Hope this helps.
I was on the phone with Summit and they were extremely accommodating. Normally, Howards lifters are in a plastic box with a foam insert and individual cutouts for the lifters to bed in. But, some nit wit only used some packing pillows and the plastic case popped open, spilling the lifters all over inside the box. I didn't even examine them. I didn't want them. Could be all kinds of dirt inside that box. They are 2 day airing me another set that is supposed to be here on Friday, but I have not received a tracking number yet. Gonna piss me off if they aren't here on time. I have help on Saturday morning ready to go.

Did talk to Comp cams and the guy told me this cam does not need a short travel lifter. He said it should be fine with the Howards and told me that if I didn't want the comp lifters he would go with Howards. He says they are as good as anything out there for street use. My son has them with a large Lunati (580ish lift, 250s duration) and he sings that thing up to 7k for extended periods. Never heard a motor sound so sweet at that RPM. I'm at .600 even so there isn't much difference between the two of us. I've had my Edelbrocks at 7k and they were bad before I revved it.

Tags
.060 over, 383, 388, sbc build, stroker

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in