53 Belair conv rust repair - Page 320 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2019, 05:04 AM
Purists Hate Me

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanked 3,355 Times in 1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
You know. if Precious just had her new grill, windshield, and stainless on she would be right in style!

I know, I know, All in good time.

Someone's getting gitty.......ha.....it's like you're going on your first date, eh?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2019, 05:12 AM
Collector of "someday" cars

Last journal entry: continued
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 4,773 Times in 2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Someone's getting gitty.......ha.....it's like you're going on your first date, eh?
Yep, I hear the excitement in there too and he darn well deserves to be excited...
Old 08-02-2019, 05:51 AM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look

Thanked 4,794 Times in 2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Yep, I hear the excitement in there too and he darn well deserves to be excited...
Uh-huh... When one refers to "her", that is a good indication that arousal is present.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor, John.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:04 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions
Wiki Edits: 27

lots of trunk space

seeing that big open trunk space, My brother and I got our older brother's 53 when he bought a new 57 Ford, My wife's Nissan Altima might have as much cu ft, but a very small opening I can just barely get a large cooler in to keep the frozen groceries in when we go to town shopping, and then the space behind is hard to use. most older cars have more usable interior space newer cars of the same size have 5 passer and harder to get in
Old 08-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 7,870 Times in 4,072 Posts
You guys are probably right. Steve has me spoiled. He has done so much every day for 6-7 weeks, but this week he went to the Street Rod Nationals. I guess if I psychoanalyze myself I am looking for something to post in his absence.

I do hope they have a great trip. I really do. I'm glad they went. I didn't want to go. It will probably rain....Too hot too. The asphalt is really hard on your back. No, I didn't want to go.

Gee, it's going to be a long weekend. 😳

John
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-02-2019), 496CHEVY3100 (08-03-2019), MARTINSR (08-03-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Slow but willing learner

Steve got the deck lid in primer today. The outside has not been final mudded or blocked but it is not going to need much. He told me he had backed the car out of the garage this morning. I wish I had been there and could have gotten a picture of it out in the drive way. The clutch is still dragging some but all in all it appears to be really encouraging.

I used one of the D B Electric gear reduction starters that New Interiors used to brag on. It sounds really good and turns that BBC so well that Steve had me order one for his pick up. I think it was 51 dollars and change.

Barb got away from me while I was talking to Steve. We found her heading north up the highway......Scary. I've got to be more careful.

I also had another dear friend come over today to return a tool I had loaned him. He has been battling cancer and advised me the Dr has given him 1-2 months to live. It just tears my heart out. I don't want to loose him as a friend nor see his wife alone. He is one of those people who is always a joy to be around. He has stopped his Chemo so he can feel the best possible in order to spend valuable time with his family while he can. I admire him so much......

Faith, true deep faith, is priceless guys.

John
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-06-2019), cozwurth (08-06-2019), Gearhead Poppa (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 07:57 AM

Very sorry to hear about your friend with cancer....cancer sucks..

I'll mention this again but you really NEED to install door locks on the inside to prevent Barb from wandering out. I KNOW, it probably feels like imprisoning her, but it's for HER protection and piece of mind for you, when you are distracted. Seriously, needing to keep track of her 24-7 is exhausting and stressful.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Slow but willing learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Very sorry to hear about your friend with cancer....cancer sucks..

I'll mention this again but you really NEED to install door locks on the inside to prevent Barb from wandering out. I KNOW, it probably feels like imprisoning her, but it's for HER protection and piece of mind for you, when you are distracted. Seriously, needing to keep track of her 24-7 is exhausting and stressful.
Thanks. He's a good guy. It hurts a lot.

You make a good point Mitch. She has not been able to unlock both the dead bolt and door knob lock, nor does she try often. My problem is if I have the garage door open or need to duck into a store, or such as that. At Steves, I should have taken her in the garage with me even though she did not want to.... My bad.

I have started a claim with the insurance company for home care. It has been over due I guess but it has been hard for me to do. I just have to be able to go to the grocery store and not be afraid to leave her alone in the truck. Having somebody that can stay with her is becoming a must.

Back to car stuff......

John
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-06-2019), cozwurth (08-06-2019), Gearhead Poppa (08-06-2019), Rip VW (08-07-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Thanks. He's a good guy. It hurts a lot.

You make a good point Mitch. She has not been able to unlock both the dead bolt and door knob lock, nor does she try often. My problem is if I have the garage door open or need to duck into a store, or such as that. At Steves, I should have taken her in the garage with me even though she did not want to.... My bad.

I have started a claim with the insurance company for home care. It has been over due I guess but it has been hard for me to do. I just have to be able to go to the grocery store and not be afraid to leave her alone in the truck. Having somebody that can stay with her is becoming a must.

Back to car stuff......

John
Ah, I didn't get that you were AT Steve's. I thought you were at home and on the phone. Yeah, leaving her in the truck with no way to prevent her from escaping is nearly impossible.

You're already a Saint in my eyes and have stayed the course by yourself far longer than I could have. No guilt in getting some help to, at least, be able to get out and do necessary chores and errands...
Old 08-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Grand Prix User

Just a thought... a car. A modern sedan with child locks in back. Got anybody who could swap for awhile, if thats a valid thought? You could do errands chauffeur-style. I know you love your truck and wife, John. Tough stuff and yeah more car stuff please, but... what you do now is more important than any of that. Keep using your common sense. I still think you and Steve are doing all the right stuff. Which is almost never the easy route. Thanks for sharing a dab of what you go through day by day.
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 01:09 PM
Grand Prix User

Or... SUV with similar / familiar interior. Or, unplug the passenger actuator and rod so just the key works. You know how my mind works... it takes a spell.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Slow but willing learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Or... SUV with similar / familiar interior. Or, unplug the passenger actuator and rod so just the key works. You know how my mind works... it takes a spell.
I had not thought of it but my Silverado is built so that the doors can not be opened from in the truck when they are locked. She would not have gotten out if I had locked the doors but.......I think she would become hysterical if she found herself locked in even with the windows down.

I am her security blanket. She gets really antsy if I am out of sight very long. That will be the biggest problem with home care. It will have to be somebody she can get used to and relate to.

John
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-06-2019), Gearhead Poppa (08-06-2019), idrivejunk (08-06-2019), Rip VW (08-07-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Grand Prix User

I did think of that but can't really gauge how it is at this time. You've got your priorities straight. Good man. I hope you can get somewhere with the home care claim, even if all it gets you is errand time. I admire your gallantry.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:31 PM
Slow but willing learner

Ok guys. This is supposed to be a fun place to visit.

How about the three worst cars I ever built. ( and have pictures of).

1955 Chevy. Factory V8 manual shift. Gypsy red and Shoreline Beige from the factory.

I paid $600 for it.

The origional "Aint that Precious" challenge. My cost, a $35 Desoto grill I had,

Found a $100 50 Vickie body to help me fix it. First project after we built my English Wheel.

And of course, my current project. I am not going to admit what I paid for this one. Way too much, but I thought it was the perfect specimen for what I was wanting to do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-07-2019), 496CHEVY3100 (08-07-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 09:19 PM

You certainly have a "thing" for rusted out convertibles...

I've owned 3 of them and never had them over a year. Just don't care for them.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in