There is not a lot to brag about but the chassis is getting closer to being ready to accept the body.
I painted and relocated the factory axle snubbers so they would work with the 9" Ford rear end.
Also hung the shocks
Next I moved on to creating a park brake linkage.
I started with a Falcon cable assembly that was designed to loop through a middle equalizer. I did not have an equalizer assembly but I did come up with a small pulley that was in a box of odds and ends that were dad's before he passed away. I used that with an old brake clevis and welded a threaded rod that will go to the bell crank assembly.
The bell crank assembly was made out of a piece of 3/16 stock that was part of the origional '53 park brake assembly, a steel spacer from the shock absorber mounting hardware and a piece of 1 1/2" square tubing.
This steel spacer became my bearing for the pivot.
I welded it to the 3/16 stock and cut a bracket out of the square tubing. Then I used a 1/2" clevis pin (which still needs to be shortened)
After drilling the chassis and mounting the assembly I have the working bell crank assembly. The pulley and adjustable rod connects to it.
Other than 3 bucks for the clevis pin it was free from junk I had around here. The brake cable was bought a year or so ago and were about 26 bucks from Bruin Cables. Since they were designed with a looping cable, one cable furnished ends for both brake assemblies. Once I had the equalizer built I cut the cable and spliced them back with a bullet style strand splice.
Not only does this get my cables terminated but it leaves me with a straight forward system to run my front cable to when the time comes.
I believe I will clean all this up, paint it, and move on to my brake lines and axle vent! Had a good few days!