Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 53 Belair conv rust repair
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Slow but willing learner

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 7,846 Times in 4,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
My dad bought a Honda 50 Sport for me when I was 15. 52 years later, I've gone 1 summer without a motorcycle..

As for building cars, I've never considered value in my choices. Coming of age and getting my license in the midst of the muscle car era, there are many I like, but stay with 1 brand now, as I know them the best and most of what I have seem to keep their value, so far. The young-in's buying and building muscle cars now, aren't much interested in keeping them original, so the values will shift, but I don't see the sought after Chevelle's and Camaro's falling by the wayside for a while. Who knows, 10 years from now, they may be banned from the streets, only to sit as collector relics in collections...
LOL, I don't see you building a 4 door Valiant. The projects you have collected all have resale value. I would suggest that you probably appreciate the value and desirability of your choices more than you realize. Of course, I realize you love the performance GM's for what they are too.

I would not think about building a car I didn't like but it is important to me that the hobby pay for itself. I have done my own body, paint, mechanical, and interior work for years. Selling my cars for more than I have invested has always been a MUST in order to justify the expense.

It was a major step for me to accept Steve's offer to help me on the '53. He has me spoiled though. What he has accomplished in such a short time for the money he has charged is amazing.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (08-07-2019)