Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 700r4 lock up control switch queston
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
68 Camaro Convertible, 327 RS

Wiki Edits: 0

There are several different ways to connect the internal wiring depending on what you want to accomplish. (Mine for example, only uses one wire signal to the transmission.) But that doesn't make mine right and yours wrong. It depend on what was the original intent.,

Before I answer your last question, however, do a simple test: By-pass the 4th gear pressure switch. Now see if the fuse still blows. If no, then your culprit is the pressure switch. Avoid driving around this way, though, as the TCC will lock up in any gear when there is voltage at A or D.

To answer you last question: The current wiring allows your car to automatically lock the TCC solenoid if there is voltage on PIN A AND you are in 4th gear.
However, IF you apply voltage to pin D then the TCC will lock also REGARDLESS if you are in 4th or not.

If you leave the wiring the way it is, it will operate as described above.

But keep in mind, that some installers want to engage the TCC by applying a ground signal as opposed to just applying 12 volts. Let me know what you want to accomplish and how..i.e. applying +12 volt to trigger or applying ground to trigger. Then I can show you how to wire it. BUT if it worked fine before and you just want to fix it, then teh wiring is fine.

BTW, if applying a +12volts at A or D gives a click, that means that the TCC solenoid negative terminal is internally connected to ground. This limits your choice of wiring somewhat....However, it is still a very workable the way it is.

Vic

Last edited by cadmanof50s; 09-06-2011 at 06:25 PM.