Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - $98 Roller Paint Job in Hot Rod
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 12:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Okay, I've managed to stay out of this thread till now, and haven't even read through it all. But let me get this straight, your willing to put on several coats and sand and reapply just to get rustoleum to look good for a short time so it doesn't look like plant machinery, and then strip it back off if you do decide to put autopaint on it. Then worried about cleaning a gun after use. And to actually use good epoxy and 2k material and then use rustoleum over it seems like such a waste to me. How much is time worth for the results achieved. There are some pretty affordable urethanes today that aren't that much more in cost at least for the paint, and although not the best available, I'll put them next to one of those rustoleum jobs and we'll see which one holds up longer. I use to get by okay with a cheap 3 hp 110 model compressor and a cheap conventional gun with modest air requirements, till I acquired better equiptment. And although most people really don't like painting over others prep work and putting there name on it, and what it could do to their rep, but believe it or not there are still people out there that will help someone out for a good meal and some beer or cut some breaks, at least occasionally. There just might still be some people that actually spray for the fun of it, if a compressor and gun is too much for you. Hey, I am as cheap is the next guy, but I am not putting rustoleum on a vehicle. The mechanics back in school seemed to like thier house paint though and rattle can lacquer primer paint jobs. Guess some things never change.