Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Adjustable timing tab setup sbc 350
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 07:45 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I did try the piston stop but itís such a cheap made in China piece of junk loose threads, etc. I do think I did get it last night with a little messing around or should at least be very close (within a half degree) when I first tried it two nights ago i wasnít screwing it in far enough, the threads are so loose I thought it was bottomed out but wasnít.
let me ask you guys this, will the msd box ďchange the timingĒ for example when it was setup before the msd box I had it set to 18 or 20 initial and 34-36 total with a 14 degree bushing, now it shows 28 initial and 42 total.. I know I am not that far off on my marks, starts great runs great etc.. I feel thereís no way Iím really at 28 degrees initial or it wouldnít start hot, what gives here?? I havenít touched the distributor since the msd box was installed, I just donít trust anything about this setup anymore lol I was thinking maybe Iíd back the distributor down to 20 initial later just to see what it does.. Iíve never installed an msd before, I just want it to pull timing when the nitrous is armed or I wouldnít have put it in..