Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Any of you familair with this steering system?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 04:34 PM
Old(s) Fart

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsome2 View Post
Steering wheel is centered perfectly. No problems there. The problem is the turning radius. If my wheels were straight forward at 12:00 and the rear at 6:00. Then I turn the wheel all the way to the right. Lets say they would point to the 13 minutes on the clock. If I turned them all the way to the left the wheels would point at say the 52 minute mark. The car does not turn to the left near as sharp as when turning to the right. Also. At 65 MPH it does travel down the HWY straight as an arrow. Bob70. That makes sense right? I think you got it.
So in that case, the steering linkage was not adjusted with the steering box in the center of travel. That's the first thing you need to do. Put the box at the center of travel and align the front wheels straight ahead at that point. This first problem has nothing to do with the Steer Clear unit or the steering shaft. The primary problem is between the actual steering box and the spindles. Fix that first. Once you have the wheels pointed straight ahead when the box is centered, THEN you can see where the steering wheel is pointed and either move the wheel on the shaft splines or the u-joint on the Steer Clear unit splines (if you can).