Anyone with a custom grill?? 30's coupe?? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2019, 10:50 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
With deuce grille? OP seems to have lost interest anyway.

Lost Interest? No way!!!

Out in the garage past few days hanging 4 quarters of moose. Getting ready to make steak, sausage and jerky

I appreciate your efforts Junk. You have given me too much to think about lol. Might keep the center bar and maybe do vertical grills on each side of it

Right now, moose comes first.

Thanks again
Gary

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look

Thanked 5,440 Times in 3,200 Posts
I'll put the center bar on with vertical bars. How does it attach? Might help if I do a couple different bar sizes. Doing it on the cheap don't mean you can't have some style. You have your priorities correctly aligned, meat for the whole village is first! It is tempting to ask about bagging the moose. There can't be many codfishes out there who have done that. Congrats!
Old 10-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Thanks

Here in Newfoundland we get moose licenses on a draw type system. I usually get a license every 2 years. And the last 3 moose I've taken, I shot them all standing in almost the EXACT same spot. No lies. It's a perfect spot for moose. Every time we go in (wife goes with me), we usually have a choice of which animal to shoot. First year there were 3 standing together, next time 7, and 3 days ago there were 4. Keeping this place a secret.

Thanks again and I look forward to your renderings.

Gary

Old 10-21-2019, 07:53 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look

Thanked 5,440 Times in 3,200 Posts
Very good. They are all delicious creatures of habit. Eyes are on the side of their heads, that means prey. I was wondering more like how much meat and what rifle and range. Here in Arkansas we have had a drawing for elk tags in recent years.

I think sweet revision #16 here is a winner. Just like you said, and could see in your head. The more bars you can put, the better it will look. I don't think 32-4 Ford grilles will be tall enough, hence the sketchy ideas for making those. I like this one, and there were a couple I didn't upload after seeing it. If theres any other specific changes you think up and would like to see in the future, dig up this thread anytime or pester me and we will give it another go.

Matt

Old 10-21-2019, 08:26 PM

I like this last the best as well.

One other thought I had was thin vertical bars in the center, (either chromed or painted) replacing the single wide sheetmetal bar; with horizontal bars on either side. I think it might visually lighten the area.

I made a portion of my grille out of key stock. I tried building jigs and forms like you see the metalworking guys do, but ending up bending it by hand in a vise, which went really quick.If you over bend it you just bend it back. Much more forgiving than the tubing I tried first. I welded it together and then had it chromed. Not as lightweight but definitely sturdy.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Very good. They are all delicious creatures of habit. Eyes are on the side of their heads, that means prey. I was wondering more like how much meat and what rifle and range. Here in Arkansas we have had a drawing for elk tags in recent years.

I'm guessing 200-225 Lbs of meat. Not a big bull, but big enough. A few choice steaks, roasts and soup bones and the rest will be sausage and jerky. I do it all my self.

I use a Winchester Ranger, 270 cal. Bolt action. About 130 yard shot this time around. A lot of guys figure a 270 is too small for moose, but I like the accuracy. Anything within 200 yards and I feel comfortable. Haven't lost an animal yet.

Here's a pic I took 2 years ago. A little blurry but that's 3 bulls standing side by side by side about 250 yards away in my secret spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1136.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	448923  
The Following User Says Thank You to Codfish1937 For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 05:53 AM

https://ruifeng-wiremesh.en.made-in-...el-Bronze.html

Click on above. This stuff would make a very interesting grill. It's available in many mesh openings and wire diameters. AND $10 for a square meter. That's 39 3/8" X 39 3/8".
Old 10-23-2019, 07:26 PM

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Wiki Edits: 21

My '36 Willys' grille was shot so I made this one from sheet aluminum and chromed gas welding rod. Gotta get creative!

The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Codfish1937 (10-30-2019)

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in