Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ask as I go bbc thread
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Little update on things

Got #5 tube dimpled in, couldn't get the motor to rock enough for Eric's suggestion, took steering shaft off and used a hammer, torch, and socket. Took 30 minutes total.

I had noticed a ticking sound on both sides of the engine. I tightened the passenger side valves down another 1/4 turn, no more ticking on that side.

Driver side is done, but I couldn't get the valve cover and gasket back on, having a hair of clearance from the brake booster isn't enough and I couldn't get any luck lining them up to drop the bolt in. So, I have the cheater valve covers with the slope for the booster and wire looms coming. I'll use studs and nuts to hold them down vs trying to drop the Allen head bolts the fabbed covers now.

The engine never acted like a lifter was weak, no chugging, loss of power,etc.

I'm closing in on a spare $1000, next payday I'll hit that. So, new fuel delivery device is in order. AED, prosystems seem to be good builders, any others you guys like that can build one for a specific application? I'm guessing 850 mechanical secondary will be the ticket for me. Or, would a box stock something be good?