Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - AWESOME customer service at Eastwood
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Slow but willing learner

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 8,312 Times in 4,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
almost 2 years ago I bought my first Eastwood Tig welder under a 3 year warranty. I bought it primarily for sheet metal. I soon found out the machine has a 8 second post flow.When I tack sheet it's just that, a tack. One second tops! So I'm welding for one second so I'm wasting 9 seconds of Argon gas on every tack!!! It would burn thru tanks!
It was very discouraging to want to learn on the machine cause I knew how precious the argon is. So I just ran my gas on low and risked a few contaminants here and there, which did occur because of it. So today I call Eastwood and at first they reminded me that I had 60 days to take it back but I insisted that this is a problem you don't spot right away. since the lady didn't know what a post flow was she got a tech who she put on the phone and he agreed with me. Tried to tell me to turn down my gas and I told him it already was. Then he agreed and sent me back to customer service. The resolution is that I send the welder back, they credit me for the full cost, and I pay $198 and they send back the AC/DC version which has an adjustable post flow and the ability to weld aluminum. They DID NOT have to do that. There was no defects to the machine, just a design flaw....and the tech agreed! That is AWESOME customer service.

If you don't want to pay the price for a Miller, Eastwood is the ONLY china made welder I would ever consider. Their customer service is great and they do all the repairs in-house and stock parts.
I just ordered one of these machines yesterday Henry. Did they tell you whether or not they have corrected the excessive post flow time? I agree 8 seconds is not acceptable.

2-3 seconds would be good to prevent oxidation of the filler wire or tungston but 8 seconds? Wow!

John