Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - AWESOME customer service at Eastwood
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:41 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Interesting. Thanks Max.

I did look up the specs on this machine and it states the post flow is 5 seconds. I can live with that but if it runs 8-9 seconds like Henry's, I will be rethinking this. It is returnable for 60 days. Some post flow is necesary to prevent the the weld and filler from oxidizing before it cools. Also the post flow can be used to purge the area before you weld by cycling the trigger as you prepare to weld and the triggering again to begin the weld.

Can't wait to play with it.

John
Once the metal is no longer red it's just a benefit for your Tig torch to keep it cool. The provided gas hose will be junk. Definitely test that. You're gonna have fun with it. Let us know about your experiences with this machine. It welds very nicely. Today I just sent mine off back to Eastwood. At least 2 weeks before I get my new welder. My TIG welding isn't great but the key seems to be a consistent feed of wire. Mostly timing and reading the puddle. Your little poke with the wire is your "dime" so you read it as you stack it so you know exactly where to break it off to the next. Good drummers would make great tig welders.