BBC tbi on SBC ? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 12:12 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

BBC tbi on SBC ?

I just built a 383 stroker. It's now in an '88 Chevy Blazer 4x4. It had a stock 350. I bought a tbi from a friend. The ports are bigger on the new tbi then the stock one. I need to bolt it to the stock intake. I have a tbi spacer with the stock tbi port size. Is there an adapter that will funnel the port from the large port tbi to the small port intake?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,200 Times in 951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnca78 View Post
I just built a 383 stroker. It's now in an '88 Chevy Blazer 4x4. It had a stock 350. I bought a tbi from a friend. The ports are bigger on the new tbi then the stock one. I need to bolt it to the stock intake. I have a tbi spacer with the stock tbi port size. Is there an adapter that will funnel the port from the large port tbi to the small port intake?
Holley Performance Products TBI Adapter*17-45 is one solution GM also makes an ugly, expensive thing for this purpose. There's no reason why you can't take a file or die grinder to the adapter you have to enlarge and reposiiton the throttle holes where you need them for a lot less cost than a factory made adapter. But fitment is the least of your problems, the big bore TBI also brings much larger capacity injectors as well as more air. All of this needs a new chip, the computer in these speed desity systems has no way to understand this, it doesn't measure air flow it measures manifold vacuum, RPM and throttle angle for the size engine it was programmed to; then it calculates air and fuel flow as a reference number which is then looked up on a map which in turn controls injector duty cycle and ignition timing. Changes that affect engine size, breathing efficiency, and the ratio of manifold vacuum to RPM to throttle position all impact the calculation of air and fuel flow as well as the ignition timing.

Contact this guy for help <<< TBICHIPS Home | Harris Performance, INC >>>.

Bogie
Old 10-09-2013, 11:45 AM

Thank you

I have the ECM problem solved. I have a buddy that's going to do the tuning for me. The big bore tbi has the higher flow injectors in it. I was just trying to get away from cutting out the spacer. I really appreciate the advice. I guess I'll just have to work some magic on that spacer lol. Thank you.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:58 AM

I sent an ECM to Moates & had a programable adapter soldered into it & my buddy did a base tune. He's going to do a real time tune in my truck while I drive it. He's amazing @ it. I was amazed how well balanced my engine was. Thank you Dave Hyatt Machine Shop in Clovis, Ca. The engine idleing looks like it's not even on. I highly recommend them. Great prices too. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Everything is HAMMER!

If you ever get tired of burning chips I Highly recommend the EBL flash board from Dynamic EFI, along with an incredibly user friendly program interface you also get tons of support from the TBI message board on third gen.org It even has a learn while you drive auto tuning system built in.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:46 PM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker_SS View Post
If you ever get tired of burning chips I Highly recommend the EBL flash board from Dynamic EFI, along with an incredibly user friendly program interface you also get tons of support from the TBI message board on third gen.org It even has a learn while you drive auto tuning system built in.
TRUTH!!!. Rbob is great to work with too.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:26 PM

Thanked 1,200 Times in 951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker_SS View Post
Good choice we're messing around with this a dual 2 bbl TBI conversion on a Crossfire it's working pretty well.

Bogie
Old 10-09-2013, 08:39 PM

Thank you, when I need that type of thing again or if I hear of anyone needing it, I'll look them up.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Banned

It be nice if they made one for the gm CCC cars

Tags
383 stroker, adapters, chevy, tbi

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in