Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bearclaw install
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:42 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Bearclaw install

Decided to put bearclaws on the '39. Just to make life harder I want to keep the inside and outside handles and no electrics going into the doors. First step was to remove the old stuff but someone decided to replace a special screw on the outside handle with a roll pin. Couldn't get the roll pin out so the next option was to cut both sides of it which also required that I cut the latch inside the door. In place of the innards of the latch I'm putting a Carolina Custom door handle install kit. The window track on a '39 is very close to the outside jam and the bearclaw must fit snug against it to clear the B pillar. Of course had to modify the handle to fit in the square hold of the Carolina Custom item. Here things are tacked in place and the outside handle is operational. Working on a cable run for the inside handle. Only thing I don't like so far is the short throw of the outside handle to trip the bearclaw. It also doesn't take much pressure to operate and worried about hitting a bump, the handle flow a bit and open the door. You poeple with bearclaw latches and outside handles run into this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bearclaw 1 002.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	350865