Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bearclaw install
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 09:40 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39 Sedan View Post
Mine are electrified but still do not take much to release. My doors have the safety pins added which are a manual 1" throw safety pin into the front frame since i have suicide doors. I am very adiment about making sure they are engaged.

I used Bearclaw latches ...still have them 15 years old now. but i think the company that builds them, Didn't have O/S door handles in mind- for use with bear claws, btw i have 32 suicide steel doors stock. i couldn't bring myself to use those Bearclaws... due to popping the doors open so i could kiss them or it goodbye. Stock mechanisims and and slamming the doors {they can take it}The bear claws on my 49 ford are opened with a weatherproof toeswitch under the rocker panel .Slam these doors i get abit irate, kids are just born to slam the D*** doors just giving you some , ideas on goods and bads of these type openers hth bob s

PS I PUT THE TWIST TYPE INSIDE LOCKS.[THROWS A PIN OUT INTO THE BODY JAMB- in my cpe ..........i remind those who drive it-- USE THE LOCKS !!PLEASE