Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - best DA sander to get?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 07:30 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint
Wiki Edits: 11

Thanked 1,463 Times in 1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
So true and so simple,hard to believe people screw that up.then they'll use fish eye eliminator and really make a mess.I never oiled my hutchins,well not in fifteen years anyway I think that might mess it up and if anyone uses a cheap da you asked for it anyway a good finish sander and a good gun are a must....
Old thread, I wonder how all those sanders are holding up. My 15yr old Hutchins (now 22) that I bought used has been used every day at the shop for another 7 yrs and still working like it was a new one. Hands down THE absolute "best" Da sander ever built and still the Gold standard of Da's. unfortunately at just over 300.00 its for pros only. My IR da, I bought at Lowes is still working well and much lighter than the Hutchins but I rarely use it so who knows how well it'll hold up to every day shop use but at a price less than 100.00 I believe its perfect for any home builder or painter.
Post how your Da's are holding up over the years since this thread was started, it would be interesting to know, time tells all.