Best & Easiest Air Bags Susp For 66 Chev truck - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2005, 05:45 PM

Last journal entry: finished
Wiki Edits: 0

they're valves that don't work with electricity. they're pretty much a paddle, when you push it one way, it opens up a channel for the air to go through from the compressed air line to the line to the bags, or from the bags to out the back of the valve. and usually the holes in the valves are extremely small, so the air transfer is painfully slow. at least i thought it was. it's dependable though

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2005, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedfordbronco
they're valves that don't work with electricity. they're pretty much a paddle, when you push it one way, it opens up a channel for the air to go through from the compressed air line to the line to the bags, or from the bags to out the back of the valve. and usually the holes in the valves are extremely small, so the air transfer is painfully slow. at least i thought it was. it's dependable though
If electricity does not open the valve. What force opens the valve???
Old 11-15-2005, 09:22 PM

your finger pushing down the paddle. take a look at this picture
when you push that paddle up, it lines up a little hole that lets the air transfer from the compressed airline to the air bag. when you push it down, the hole lines up different and lets the air dump into the atmosphere. it's simpler than electric valves, but that control system right there is still about 200 bucks, and that's just for front/back control!

Old 11-16-2005, 12:00 AM

gotcha!!!!

I understand now. Seems like you would have to run a lot of air line?? Thanks for the heads up.... Learn something new every day..
Old 11-16-2005, 05:45 AM

yeah you have to run a ton of airline
Old 11-16-2005, 09:18 AM

Here is another nice one. This one had the "E" ride pro system also
Old 11-16-2005, 12:04 PM

that might be my favorite car on your website. and i love those supremes! now THAT's old school lowrider
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Diehard Chevy Guy

You Guys are Killing Me!!!

I got to tell you, this is been a great help for me reading all the feedback from you guys. I think the 66 chev sounds and looks great Dave!!! Hey Kevin that Chevelle & Caddie Nice Rides buddy!! Dave did you do the install yourself on the Impala?? If you are a hoddyist like me was there any difficulty doing it?? The reason I ask is that Kevin has obviously done this for awhile and I would like to hear what advice or info you could pass on regarding the "Cool Ride" system. I'm leaning toward the electric system rather than the manual that Frank has in his car. Great pics guys and I'm really enjoying the feedback. Thanks I really do appreciate it!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:22 PM

hey bud, i'd say DEFINITELY go with electric. I have electric in my car now, i started with manual and threw them away after i learned how slow it was, even though it's a little harder to setup just because of the electrical stuff, they're a lot better (at least i think so)
Old 11-16-2005, 02:39 PM

The electric systems from ART are all plug and play. The install is pretty straight forward. In the interior at the brain you have to wire 4 wires (ground, 12V constant, Ignition, lights, ) the solenoind valves just snap in
Pretty straight forward.

But here is an even better electric kit.
Easystreet Digital

I will look for some pics of the install. This is very easy. All you do is run "ONE"
DSL cable to the back of the face inside the interior of the car. In the truck you hook up one relay for the compressor and brain. Very easy and extremly reliable. We started using this in the summer. Iv done around 6 with no problems so far.

The ART unit is very temprimental and harder to set up. The grounds are very tricky and the tank they usually sell for kits is to small for the "auto ride height" to work properly. The other big difference is ART offers a remote key fob, Airlift dosnt as of yet, but its coming!

Ill be back with more pics!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:43 PM

that easystreet kit does sound nice... but for 1500 bucks... it better be lol. i'm looking forward to pictures! also, anyone know how to post a video? I have one but don't know how to upload it.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:51 PM

here is 1, ill look for more.

Last edited by Simplicity; 11-16-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:03 PM

Well to compare apples to apples, the AirRide Tech ARC4700e is also the same Retail $1495.00. But this system is better and has more features, that is what I was pointing out.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budthespud
I got to tell you, this is been a great help for me reading all the feedback from you guys. I think the 66 chev sounds and looks great Dave!!! Hey Kevin that Chevelle & Caddie Nice Rides buddy!! Dave did you do the install yourself on the Impala?? If you are a hoddyist like me was there any difficulty doing it?? The reason I ask is that Kevin has obviously done this for awhile and I would like to hear what advice or info you could pass on regarding the "Cool Ride" system. I'm leaning toward the electric system rather than the manual that Frank has in his car. Great pics guys and I'm really enjoying the feedback. Thanks I really do appreciate it!!!
Bud I installed the system my self. I had no issues and installed the "Cool Ride" system in 6 hours by myself. In my install there was some welding involved to relocate the front shocks upper mounts. I had to trim my front shock towers to give the bags more clearance. Over all a very easy install.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:50 PM

yeah i installed the coolride system in my car (not the same valves that 66 is talking about though) in just a few days, and it was my first time doing anything like it, it's pretty easy, i'm sure you'd have no problem. the only welding is the shock relocation. 66, how did you host that video and put it up? i've been trying to get a video from my computer to hotrodders and it isn't working

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in