Best & Easiest Air Bags Susp For 66 Chev truck - Page 6 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2005, 06:06 PM
See project in Photo Album

Wiki Edits: 0

FlamedFB, you got a PM...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2005, 08:20 PM

Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedfordbronco
yeah i installed the coolride system in my car (not the same valves that 66 is talking about though) in just a few days, and it was my first time doing anything like it, it's pretty easy, i'm sure you'd have no problem. the only welding is the shock relocation. 66, how did you host that video and put it up? i've been trying to get a video from my computer to hotrodders and it isn't working
ffb you have to have your video hosted on a web server. If you can email it to me I can host it on my www.westcoastimpalas.com server.....

Here a few shots of what is needed on air ride install:

And one of my custom stainless steel dash while I was building it....

Last edited by black66; 11-16-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:04 PM

Last edited by black66; 11-18-2005 at 12:03 AM.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:51 PM

Last journal entry: finished

bigsky, i've tried a couple times to email it to you and it keeps sending it back... black66 could i email it to you? what's your email address? thanks a bunch

frank
Old 11-17-2005, 04:58 PM
See project in Photo Album

FFB, hmmm maybe my server is rejecting that file size. Try "[email protected]" .
Old 11-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Diehard Chevy Guy

I was just looking at the easy street crafter kits with the large bags. this looks like a good kit and $1500(US) does seem to be a good price. Fabricating the mounts etc would be easy to do, even those shock mounts Dave are just tubing that is coped to suit the installation. Since I'm going with the 4-link I would rather fabricate my own mounts. This way I can install them in the best possible position. I want to do this myself so I can help someone that may want to do the same as me (fabrication part). Now is this easy street kit a good one?? It's got the 1/2" size that you guys were talking about for fast inflation/deflation.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:26 PM

You cant go wrong with a crafters package! and yes 1/2" line is plenty fast enough for anyone. I would recomend 3/8" But I know the kit comes with half.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budthespud
I was just looking at the easy street crafter kits with the large bags. this looks like a good kit and $1500(US) does seem to be a good price. Fabricating the mounts etc would be easy to do, even those shock mounts Dave are just tubing that is coped to suit the installation. Since I'm going with the 4-link I would rather fabricate my own mounts. This way I can install them in the best possible position. I want to do this myself so I can help someone that may want to do the same as me (fabrication part). Now is this easy street kit a good one?? It's got the 1/2" size that you guys were talking about for fast inflation/deflation.
Bud the shock mounts where supplied with my kit. The mounts are c channel. I just trimed them to fit my Impala.....
Old 11-18-2005, 04:35 AM
Diehard Chevy Guy

Looking forward to my Purchase!!

Well guys I can tell you that I'm a bit excited to purchase a system since I've never had anything thing like this in a vehicle of mine. If they have a 3/8" system Kevin and the speed thing is really not a major issue to me I'll have to take a look at it more (web site). Oh it was "C" Channel was it Dave? Oh by the round sides it looks like it was tubing instead. It's just that the brackets will be an easy fab and this will save a bit of cash for something else for the truck. Remember us old guys have a higher power to answer to; The Wife!!! This will also give me a custom fit for my truck too. Thanks again for the feedback guys I'm pretty confident on what I need to do.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:30 PM

Last journal entry: finished

bud, i haven't had any experience with the easystreet kit but i've heard some good things about it. The 1500 kits don't look bad, and it does look like they have one that comes with 3/8" if you want. I still can't get that video over to josh, but once i figure it out you can see the 1/2" speed, and 1/4" speed and go from there, if it was me and the two systems were very close in price, i'd go with 1/2", because you can always slow down your system easily and for almost no money, but if you want it faster... you'll have to get new valves and line and that's not too cheap. I'm glad to hear you know what you want, glad we could help! be sure to keep us updated

frank
Old 11-20-2005, 05:47 AM
Diehard Chevy Guy

Still Working on frame

Yea Frank I can't tell you guys how much help this has been. If there wasn't the info like this I imagine I would never have even bothered with this kind of modification to a Truck. I'm going to post a pic or two on the frame mods I completed so far. I'm setting the rear up for the 4-link, the bags and shocks. Well Frank I'm probably going with the 3/8" since speed is not an issue for me. I'll bet that the 3/8" will be plenty fast enough for this old guy!! I also do like the computer control for the inside the vehicle. I will keep updating this post on how I'm progressing because i hope i get an Honest opinion on how it looks or if i'm doing it right. So be prepared for a lot more pics to come. Alrighty then guys take care and Thanks so much for all the info!!

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in