Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Best rust converters for surface rust
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 01:06 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine View Post
this is the last time i'm going to post on this site. but here is my " opinion "
new guys come here for advice. it's the paint and body section. their hope is to get some help from experienced paint and body tradesmen .
but what they get is confused by all the google experts and wannabe's trying to make rocket science out of cleaning metal . or my favorite , use battery acid on it . the best advice i could give them is to see how far away from this place they could get. i've seen more bad advice than good here lately. i did not come here 10 years ago to win a popularity contest i came here to interact with tradesmen . but i have watched them leave one by one . there is a point where it is just a waste of time . i'll argue with a tradesman all day long because at the end of the day one of us is going to learn something . but arguing with paint salesmen or google experts gets me nothing .
i truly hope these new guys ignore this entire thread .

I liked your idea and use of the Milkstone Product. It comes equiped with a surfactant that would be very useful on an underbody of a vehicle.

DBM I have used ospho before with moderate success at small areas and parts. Also following your posts in other threads about the use of this product. I do really appreciate your insight by following SPI and their change of policy regarding its use in combination with Ospho and others.

Thank you once again for sticking it out and providing the proof in the pudding that so many are seeking. We all know nothing in the Rust Removal arena is completely bulletproof but your sharing of industry insight, professionalism, and years of experience is eye opening.