Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - body frame swap on 1986 crown victoria
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

well I can tell talking to you you know a thing or two about this type of issue. you are right, I have damage to the door and I'm not sure if that's due to a straight hit from the curb or not. I swerved on the right turn after coasting about 25 feet when the breaks diddnt slow me enough. so I directly hit the curb with the bottom of my wheel and frame. the floor board is pushed up under the pedals but the bowing seems off. my feet face the new hump. I would think based off of my side swipe the hump ends would face the fire wall and the bottom of the seat. the two ends to the hump face the drivers side door and the passenger side door. I'm not sure if the drivers side door is damaged because its being wedged between the jams or if its coming out on top because impact occurred near its bottom.

what work other than to assure the struts line up would need to be done to make the car sit right on the new frame or not be relevant to the new frame doing its job? I guess I'm asking how do I isolate the warpage on the body frome effecting the new frame?

and basically with these panther frames I have a frame and ford has the cab bolted at several points? or is it welded together at certain points?

how much body damage can be worked on without the shop getting involved?