Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - body frame swap on 1986 crown victoria
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I'm more than fine with keeping it for life I've already done turned down buyers over and over even when the kitchen cabinets were empty so I don't care about the safety issues or the legal issues with a resale .

When I came to the impound they really weren't trying to let me near it or look too much but from what I could see the floor board is definitely at an incline almost touching the pedal. I can't tell if the doors damage is due to a bend that may be due to the engine bay turning leftward but didn't see too many signs of that.

I guess I would go to the strut towers and measure side to side and back to front to determine warpage. I'm not sure what other points need to be examined though.

Would the body need to be stretched by the machine or would it be doable to cut certain areas out and reweld supports to house bolt holes?

And would a similar method work with the hole housing areas were it bolts onto the frame or maybe creating new bolt holes for it?

What are the key measure points and areas that would tell me if it's too bent to fit properly on a new frame period?