Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Car stumbles badly
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 07:54 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

So, I finally got it running again with the distributor you guys recommended. thank you.

It's a project car, so I moved on to a dozen other things finishing up and had to rewire the thing because the battery has been moved from drivers side to passenger side and all power cables going across engine.

I have it wired now for both, this ebay distributor as well as my MSD 6AL and pro billit distributor, but I'll send of the msd box to check and see if it's good. For now I'll leave this dizzy in, as the engine is still breaking in and I drove it for about 30 minutes.

It has a little stumble when getting on it about mid rpm range, but pretty sure it's carb related and will focus on that, but for now I'm gonna keep the timing as it is. 10 BTDC and running and starting pretting good.

There's a lot of info out there to confuse someone when it's their 1st SBC build, including a summit video saying btdc is actually atdc!!!

Thank you guys.