Hot Rod Forum banner

clip identifcation

908 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rojo56 
#1 ·
This may be a moot point but I bought a chevy (?) clip for a 55 s1 chevy pickup winter project . The fella I bought it from couldn't remember what it came out of . Thought maybe a 75 - 80 camaro maybe ??? Took the part numbers to a chevy garage but they couldn't help. The hub to hub measures 60.25 which points to a Chevy II or nova. Steering is 2.25 lock to lock. Is there any way I can identify this clip or does it really matter. My peace of mind and parts ordering seems to be the biggest hurdle. Any suggestions ? Thanks

#3 ·
Hadn't taken any pics yet but will try and get to it this morning. Also read that the nova is a rear steer and mine is a front steer so guess I'm back to a 75-80 Camaro. Like I said this probably isn't as important as I'm thinking but would still like to know. Will get the camera out and start shooting pics. Thanks.

#7 ·
I'm going to say Camaro/FireBird. I don't think it is '75-up Nova as the frame ends are not correct, the Nova has different ends because it has bumper shock absorber units.

Really doesn't matter though, the front steer F-body and X-body subframes use all the same parts as far as bushings, shocks, spindles, brakes, balljoints, steering parts, etc. About the only difference is spring rates and the diameter of the front sway bar, Camaro/Firebird is typically stiffer sprung and larger diameter bar, unless your subframe came out from under an SS Nova.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.