color help! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2006, 07:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

color help!

I am having trouble picking a color to go with on my 84 monte ss. The original color is white w/blue guts. It looks good white, but i would like to make it stand out from the other montes. I have seen some odd colors on these cars and noticed that a lot of colors dont look right on them. I have tossed around the idea of a gunmetal grey. Im interested on some new ideas. Thanks for any creative ideas.
aaron

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 06:22 PM

IMHO, with the blue interior, your pretty much locked into white or blue for the car.

How about white with some blue stripes? Or, blue with white stripes?

Both would make the car stand out very nicely.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:11 PM

Midnight blue with the right amount of blue pearl sure would look sweet. Block that car till she's absolutely perfectly straight, fit the panels till all the gaps are a perfect 3/16, finesse the nose and rear bumper so they fit perfect. Do the factory stripe kit but paint them on in the colors of your choice and bury them in clear. If the body work is flawless and the paint is done right I think you'll have a really sharp looking ride.

And fix the door hinge problems and cracking doorskins if you haven't already. Bob

Old 12-15-2006, 02:03 PM

Thanks for the input guys. The door problems? are you talking about bad door hinges? and the cracks, are you talking about the bottom edge on the inside. Im not aware of any other problems, If im missing something, please educate me.
Thanks
Aaron
Old 12-15-2006, 02:06 PM

One more thing, How hard is it to paint w/ pearl? Is it hard to put on even? I have did a couple 1 stage paint jobs. This will be my first b/c job. Any recommendations of brand of paint. base, clear, and pearl. Also how much pearl would i need?
Thanks again
Aaron
Ps: i bought a devilbiss plus gun and havent got to try it yet. I cant wait.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Paintshop Dog

Dude, your timing is great! Before I go any further I gotta say, "I've never really been real hip with S.W. products, But! I had a rep stop buy, just yesterday, and well, I consider myself ("Color me crazy" is how I sign my work) to be quite the color enthusiast. He had some new colors that were "badarse". Now they have different sized grains of crushed glass and mirrors. And he had some stuff with different colors of "helics"(spelling?), what ever they were they flopped like way more than prisms. And the crushed glass was way kooler than cerylacs (spelling again?), witch were already way kooler than pearls. Pearls are ceramic pieces light bounces off of, cerylacs are transparent so light goes through, and helics, well, I don't know how they work yet! But, anyway to get to the point, for the first time in my 20 year courier I'm saying "go to S.W.", if you want to see some wild colors.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEADWV
Thanks for the input guys. The door problems? are you talking about bad door hinges? and the cracks, are you talking about the bottom edge on the inside. Im not aware of any other problems, If im missing something, please educate me.
Thanks
Aaron
I've seen many Monte's of this generation develop cracks on the top front of the door skin due to flexing, I think worn hinge pins and bushings might also be the cause but it is very common. I've seen the cracks run as far back as the mirror mount. Look yours over well when you're working on it and fix any problems before they have time to develop.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:53 PM

thanks guys, Color me krazy, S.W. where can i see these colors, are there any recommended carriers on the web.
Any more recommendations

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in