Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Could use some advice
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:22 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Could use some advice

I have a 73 Monte Carlo with a factory 454 over 58,000 miles. Would it be more wise to build this car all original or build it to the point where it's going to turn peoples heads. I like it to be a daily driver and a top notch show car. I've been to many car shows and I've seen alot of cars that look good built original but honestly, look boreing at the same time. You seen one Monte, Camaro, Chevelle, etc you've seen them all. Then there's the cars you know the owner has pushed it to the limits to where people's jaws are touching the ground. The car has the side trim across the doors but I personally would like to get rid of that, as the famous Chip Foose would say, "get rid of the ugly"
I like to put swivel buckets and an automatic floor console which I have both.
Frame will be sandblasted painted or powdercoated, don't know yet. I know that it will take more money to do it the top notch way but I'm taking my time getting this car done. I'm in no big hurry. Besides, This is the first car I've done and I ask myself, how many times am I going to do this? Parts are a nightmare to find the way it is and I plan on never selling the car. It may sound silly to say that but I'm sure many of you experience ones can tell me some cars you've done are in some way priceless. Any advice would help alot and so far the way this site is, I have see some good info. Great web site.
Thanks