Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - DARK brown--BLACK plugs SBC
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

THANKS GUYS... I have done some research on the plugs and they ARE the hottest plug NGK makes they are a heat range 4 so the hottest race plug they sale is a heat range 5 so should I upgrade to the race plug @ a 5 heat range or stay with the hotter range 4 plug setup for the street cars?? Would the 1 range temp cooler hurt me in a BETTER plug???

I also am running a 3.5" PV x's 2 so a guy suggested a 2.5" x's 2 and maybe I have a blown 3.5" in the front and it's loading up at the lights???

I run almost 94 mph on motor but, CAN NOT get a better MPH out of the truck... I tried leaning it out thinking it was flooding and ran the same MPH??? I also can cut anywhere from 1.55-1.60 60' times and still run the same ET/MPH??? Wouldnt a 1.55 net more MPH/ET than a 1.60 60'??

Any help again is appreciated! I will also watch the engine temps and try to keep them the same every pass to pinpoint that as a prob./no prob.!