Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Day's Work (pic dump)
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 4,779 Times in 2,837 Posts
This day's work was alright. One side is as done as its gonna be until meats are mounted. This is pretty solid but mighty tough to take decently lit pics of. Hinge pocket is intact but support bracket got one side lopped off. Another panel will close off the trimmed area, just a flat plug welded piece with a flange on one end to meet the inner panel. That big one goes all the way up to the shelf and ties in with another layer plus the upright diagonal tube from the floor frame.

But yeah those are rust throughs at the top of the well where the roof rail connects. I'll cook something up but in the meantime theres a side left to go and all but the rear panel (3 outta 4 pieces) have been cut and roughly shaped. Can you tell I actually used the english wheel in a context approaching proper, on the rear panel? Gave 'er a little lump. I'd like to get the driver's side looking like this tomorrow plus take the body off and try to finish whatever welding is left that I couldn't get to with the body mounted.

My heads ringin and my feets hurt. But I am pleased with the work. If theres a question, shoot. Kind of a mouthful to explain it all but the pic shows things pretty good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (07-25-2018), John long (07-24-2018)