Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Day's Work (pic dump)
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 06:45 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 5,933 Times in 3,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I am going to guess you dropped the body a little on the gig.??

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Cut the top of the A pillar from the roof and move it forward?
Moved the cowl forward half an inch. It isn't connected to the quarters, wood used to make the connection so its just clamped. Yesterday there was overlap for screws. I only did this side so the rocker is out of place. I have been shoving pallet wood under the front to let me between the pan and rocker to get at bolts like the A pillar bottom so you might see it shimmed up like that. What I wondered was if anyone picked up on or was bothered by the door and side window being farther apart now, and the pillar width appearance there. You have to imagine gap at that pesky top right overlap which I shall attempt to move the original bend to correct.

The reason I believe I can get away with this despite getting the nix on moving cowl from old Footloose before, is that theres a convenient rust through running up the rearmost bead where the hood seal lies on the cowl. It has to be patched and is outside the bought patch area. Both sides. I say shorten cowl there by chopping off the hood seal area, taking a half inch of rusty strip off the front of the cowl, put a new bead on the trimmed cowl front edge and make one weld of old to old to reattach the seal area. Ya follow that? I see no issues as long as I'm fitting from scratch like this. New blind cowl top panel would also need half inch off.

Here is the loaded driver's B pillar, ready to stick back in. The hinge pins sit perpendicular to the world, so if they work as-is should be no running boatd clearance trouble. Pockets for the door side of the hinge (so door panel stays flush) are provided but I'll need to add a lot of door shell to connect them to so thats next. The hinges are 18" apart, the limitation being lower hinge pin nut vs quarter skin at bottom, and side window at the top. I am just replaying the 33 job on hinges here, hoping for a win. The appendage on top of the lower hinge pocket is the adjustable detent (spring loaded ball).

Last edited by idrivejunk; 08-22-2018 at 06:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-22-2018)