Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Day's Work (pic dump)
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 03:03 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Curved corners to go with the fenders... can you elaborate on that one? One guy wanted the hood side to match the tilt of the valve cover but that would only be valid from an eye level equal to the valve cover.

I plan to use Model A tail lights in pods that resemble upside down Mustang backup light bezels.

A: I like the idea but would like a pic/drawing to be sure we are seeing things the same.

I'll be point blank just once: Do you approve of the bottom front corner of the cowl?

A: I like that curve, can it be duplicated at the bottom hood side to match ?
also the front corner of the hood side,next to the valve cover.
in my opinion, the bead edge pronounces the squared look.

Can't see any reason that the door would open with the drilled striker idea. Did you see the drawing?

A: saw the drawing.
will drilling it for a pin weaken the striker ?

We all know it has to be fail safe but also that collision damage can negate anything a human can make. I have suggested a small bright magnetic sign for the A pillar on hard play days or interstate travel, that says I.C.E. CUT HERE. Because there will be no tubing in the windshield posts.

A: I agree

The lock idea for the hinge pocket would prevent the door from opening no matter if the latch shatters like glass.
A: still thinking about this...................
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTFORD For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (03-05-2019)