The Day's Work (pic dump) - Page 121 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: How often would you like this thread to be updated?
Daily 3 100.00%
Weekly 0 0%
Monthly 0 0%
No change needed 0 0%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1801 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:26 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
I wish I could hit that breaking point where I really want to work on the rod.


Right now, just doing as much as the mood allows.
We can certainly crank up the peer pressure if that will help!

How old do you want to be when you start driving it?

Seriously, let it be. Don't deny your spirit. When you mash the go button on something, you plow through it until done. Take your rest, go again. The more you force yourself to work on it, the closer you get to that dangling carrot. I will be glad to explain the carrot.

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (10-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1802 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:36 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
LOL, I guess it works either way. There is no doubt you learn something every day yourself.

Mitch is right. The "A" has been amazing. I can't imagine anybody dragging that car into a shop and telling them to build it. He is lucky he drug it into a shop you were working at.

It would still be sitting in the corner most places.

John
Remember the yellow 68 Camaro that had trunk gaps you could throw a fullgrown bobcat through? Its that guy's business partner, so he knew. I didn't, but here we are with it this far. Anything is sho nuf possible. Tip o my hat for the kind words, John. The shop Gary has created is fairly extraordinary and I am among mountains of talent. It is unusual for one guy to get to focus on one ride long enough to push real results through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (10-09-2019)
  #1803 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:41 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gaining on it-









I see latched trunk and another door on-



Rubbers-



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (10-09-2019), Gearhead Poppa (10-09-2019), Too Many Projects (10-09-2019)
 
  #1804 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 06:30 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
I wish I could hit that breaking point where I really want to work on the rod.


Right now, just doing as much as the mood allows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
We can certainly crank up the peer pressure if that will help!

How old do you want to be when you start driving it?

Seriously, let it be. Don't deny your spirit. When you mash the go button on something, you plow through it until done. Take your rest, go again. The more you force yourself to work on it, the closer you get to that dangling carrot. I will be glad to explain the carrot.
Pugsy, I gotta apologize. I handed you a wishy washy halfhearted version of friend advice. Scratch it and insert this please:

A man daily driving a Porsche and haulin-gas in a mean ol' Camino...

juuust don't have a lot of motivation to go banging around in a cold garage. Rod might even serve as a winter Camino cover just to make it more luxurious and do you know why?

You have recently accomplished much, and seem to have your chit together. I'll play the full timer. Just watch these projects and stay cozy. Until you can't stand it or feel better, whichever. That should be awhile because I know just how much satisfaction comes from one two door V8 '69 GM product and a guy can't really ask for more. He can have more but one is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (10-09-2019)
  #1805 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 06:45 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts










These show how the top side roof rails don't match. I'd like to spend some time fussing over all the top structure with the whole thing on the floor.





Again, don'try this at home with your Model A-



Closed up the last two board brackets-



This is that patch I'd like to shape (this is the existing patch) below the back door of the sedan delivery, but I would not want to just grab away the fun part of the task from the guy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (10-09-2019), Gearhead Poppa (10-09-2019), Too Many Projects (10-09-2019)
  #1806 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 07:08 PM
123pugsy's Avatar
Purists Hate Me
 
Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Markham,ON
Age: 57
Posts: 4,024
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks: 8,133
Thanked 3,606 Times in 2,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Pugsy, I gotta apologize. I handed you a wishy washy halfhearted version of friend advice. Scratch it and insert this please:

A man daily driving a Porsche and haulin-gas in a mean ol' Camino...

juuust don't have a lot of motivation to go banging around in a cold garage. Rod might even serve as a winter Camino cover just to make it more luxurious and do you know why?

You have recently accomplished much, and seem to have your chit together. I'll play the full timer. Just watch these projects and stay cozy. Until you can't stand it or feel better, whichever. That should be awhile because I know just how much satisfaction comes from one two door V8 '69 GM product and a guy can't really ask for more. He can have more but one is good.



No need. This is good stuff and I know you're heart is in the right place:



Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
We can certainly crank up the peer pressure if that will help!

How old do you want to be when you start driving it?

Seriously, let it be. Don't deny your spirit. When you mash the go button on something, you plow through it until done. Take your rest, go again. The more you force yourself to work on it, the closer you get to that dangling carrot. I will be glad to explain the carrot.

Actually, I want to start driving by the time I retire. 7 years. Do-able.....just need to shake the funk I'm in. I believe when I get done with this cowl connection, everything will start to get easier.


Had a fun drive in CURSE last night. Damn, the last cruise of the season, but man it goes nice when one steps on it.


Speaking of Porsche, I let my 13 year old drive it in the driveway the other day. I told her to only let off the brake to let it roll. It wasn't moving so she hit the gas, hard. Good thing I was working the shift lever for instant PARK, ha....
Woulda went right thru the garage door and knocked DELIRIOUS off the hoist.


But now she's one of not many to drive a Porsche at the age of 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (10-09-2019), Too Many Projects (10-09-2019)
  #1807 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 07:53 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
I just like telling folks to take a break, hoping one day it will happen to me. I think I rode an 80 inch Harley about fifty yards when I was that age. I was fluent in motorcycle but practicing at cars. On dirt roads only. Learning to drive on DBW and no choke or clutch is probably not something we can imagine. And that sux Curse has to get put up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (10-10-2019)
  #1808 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 08:01 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
Heres a thinker:

How much has the definition of the word funky changed during our lifetimes?

I heard a comedy bit concerning that the other day.

And I actually learned to drive in a '72 BMW 2002. 4 speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (10-09-2019)
  #1809 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 05:39 AM
123pugsy's Avatar
Purists Hate Me
 
Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Markham,ON
Age: 57
Posts: 4,024
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks: 8,133
Thanked 3,606 Times in 2,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
I just like telling folks to take a break, hoping one day it will happen to me. I think I rode an 80 inch Harley about fifty yards when I was that age. I was fluent in motorcycle but practicing at cars. On dirt roads only. Learning to drive on DBW and no choke or clutch is probably not something we can imagine. And that sux Curse has to get put up.

CURSE will be out for a bit longer. My daughter asks to go for a cruise these days.....wow.... Snow don't fly til the beginning of December or later.


Gotta drive her down the the metal meet next weekend so my daughter can make me a new intake tube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (10-10-2019), Too Many Projects (10-10-2019)
  #1810 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 06:28 AM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
CURSE will be out for a bit longer. My daughter asks to go for a cruise these days.....wow.... Snow don't fly til the beginning of December or later.


Gotta drive her down the the metal meet next weekend so my daughter can make me a new intake tube.
That will be mighty cool of her. She can paint it pink if she wants, though... right?

Before you embark on rip snorting sessions (like the one earned by making that tube)...

Install a GM ratcheting shifter. A his n hers. So she can just watch the tach and give it a smack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1811 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 06:39 AM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
Oh and I figured it was cold up there already. Migrating geese have been overhead a couple weeks now. My house is right under their route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1812 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 06:43 AM
123pugsy's Avatar
Purists Hate Me
 
Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Markham,ON
Age: 57
Posts: 4,024
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks: 8,133
Thanked 3,606 Times in 2,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
That will be mighty cool of her. She can paint it pink if she wants, though... right?

Before you embark on rip snorting sessions (like the one earned by making that tube)...

Install a GM ratcheting shifter. A his n hers. So she can just watch the tach and give it a smack.



She would love that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (10-10-2019)
  #1813 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 06:45 AM
123pugsy's Avatar
Purists Hate Me
 
Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Markham,ON
Age: 57
Posts: 4,024
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks: 8,133
Thanked 3,606 Times in 2,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Oh and I figured it was cold up there already. Migrating geese have been overhead a couple weeks now. My house is right under their route.



Must be American geese. The stupid idiots up here hang around all winter dropping their Pterodactyl sized gifts year round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (10-10-2019)
  #1814 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 06:55 AM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Must be American geese. The stupid idiots up here hang around all winter dropping their Pterodactyl sized gifts year round.
Speaking of dinosaurs (they are the birds, now), I learned that while scientists have named many kinds of dinosaurs after themselves, there were really only about a dozen kinds. They have been naming growth stages of the same kind as different animals because of how much skeletons change during growth.

Theres some trivia, relevant because we get our jollies burning dino squeezin's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (10-10-2019)
  #1815 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 07:17 AM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 3,972
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,432
Thanked 5,224 Times in 3,079 Posts
One more before hopping on the A train today...

Saw a news story other day... a couple ol' boys bagged them a pair of great big birds that more than covered the hood of their truck in the glory shot for FB...

turns out they were Trumpeter Swans. D'oh! Boy did they get in some hot water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pic swap...change your last pic sqzbox Hotrodders' Lounge 1004 11-19-2018 06:56 PM
Dump dump dump.... bowtiebabe72 Hotrodders' Lounge 22 09-27-2004 09:16 PM
The dump- save it or dump it? ChevelleSS_LS6 Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help 19 06-07-2004 09:43 PM
The Dump is a Dump Kevin45 Hotrodders' Lounge 10 12-30-2003 10:10 PM
Body work is on hold Just a beginning pic of my car 406chevelle Hotrodders' Lounge 1 10-06-2003 12:22 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.