Dealing with shop mis management - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2016, 05:00 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Wiki Edits: 31

Well, mr shop manager got cought up with. Sadly his actions are going to effect a couple other good guys since they were connected to his shennnigans at times. Main managers now looking for me to step it up a notch.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016, 01:00 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt167 View Post
Well, mr shop manager got cought up with. Sadly his actions are going to effect a couple other good guys since they were connected to his shennnigans at times. Main managers now looking for me to step it up a notch.

Still sounds like a toxic work environment. I worked in a couple of shops like that when I fixed cars for a living.

Some of these places, the managers get chewed up and spit out and there maybe other problems up the food chain that you are not privy to. Just be aware of that scenario.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:09 PM

I'm only hanging on till I find something better, but ill take the job for the extra $$ in the meantime.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:48 AM

Still hanging on here, for now anyway.. Now if only to see it when he gets fired. I know it's bad but I'm tired of cleaning up his messes where he's telling workers to do stuff illegal or out of policy.. I've already been directly told by upper management that they are looking to replace him. Evaluations are coming up so I know when it's gonna happen too

Mounting tires that are below 2/32", repairing tires below 2/32". Using axle grease to save on bead sealer ( yes I know it works, but it's not right ).. ect..

He was helping another worker who is a newbie dismount some ATV rims. They both could not get the bottom bead off, actually destroying the rim a bit from fighting the tire.. I popped the top bead back on, flipped it over to put the drop center on top, and pulled the tire off.. Then showed them both that you need to have the drop center on top.. It's not rocket science
Old 05-11-2016, 07:28 AM

I've seen shops where they go through the slow process to replace managers... painful to watch and wait. I work now for someone, real bad decisions and people are catching on up the food chain.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:01 PM

Yep. I've had the conversations with the management. They want him gone for good, forever possibly in the back of a squad car if they can catch the theft they have an idea about. So there telling me to hang in there and wait.. He should get cought up with within the month tho
Old 05-12-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Yep. I've had the conversations with the management. They want him gone for good, forever possibly in the back of a squad car if they can catch the theft they have an idea about. So there telling me to hang in there and wait.. He should get cought up with within the month tho

I feel your pain. Ask the higher-ups what you can do to grease the slide for the guy.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: 77 Ford
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHWOARchild View Post
I feel your pain. Ask the higher-ups what you can do to grease the slide for the guy.
Personally, I would not get involved in any manner....Coming from a middle management background, I have learned that upper management do not regard "rats" or "backstabbers" as good candidates for management......They may think you might just do the same thing to them. I would just do my job and bide my time.....If they feel you are the next man for the job, you will get it. By the sounds of this thread, I am not sure if I would want it.
Just my opinion
The Following User Says Thank You to poncho62 For This Useful Post:
AirwolfPJ (05-12-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 06:10 PM

I want it to turn around to what it was. My names on the job. They made sure the paperwork was in for it, so it does not matter if I grease the wheel or not. They know I only report safety or policy concerns. They all stem from him.. What I do is make sure the wheel weights are processed and sent out so that he cannot reuse them or order others to do the same.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Huge Guns N Roses Fan

I'd do what your heart wants or says to do. There is a reason for everything. I read WayneP's post and thought, wow, that must have been hard for him, but then......there's a reason for everything. Sometime's you got to make that choice or take that leap or risk on what it is you want to do or where you want to go. I've never been one much for waiting on what 'management says will be in your cards in the future,' unless I really like where it is I work.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:54 AM

I'm still working there for now, but giving up on caring and persuing other avenues.. The main manager over the shop is pretty obviously just looking the other way hoping he will just go away at this point. And it's pretty obvious when I stop doing what I do stuff starts to fall apart since it's the part of job that service manager ignores..

With that I have a question.. We are not a registered repair shop. People come in with fix it tickets for lights, and the rolling rule was we were not to sign them. When he became manager " he did not have a problem with it "... The main manager and I analyzed the wording on a ticket one day and it says a non registered shop can sign their letterhead as proof of repair, meaning do not sign the ticket only our work order.. Service manager was later told simply do not sign them anymore.. But he is still signing tickets when main manager isn't around... Now, the wording makes what he is doing fraud since we are not a registered repair shop ( something that he does not get what really means ). Is he or the company liable if the court system catches on?
Old 06-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Thanked 6,695 Times in 4,305 Posts
Quote:
I'm still working there for now, but giving up on caring and persuing other avenues.. The main manager over the shop is pretty obviously just looking the other way hoping he will just go away at this point. And it's pretty obvious when I stop doing what I do stuff starts to fall apart since it's the part of job that service manager ignores..

With that I have a question.. We are not a registered repair shop. People come in with fix it tickets for lights, and the rolling rule was we were not to sign them. When he became manager " he did not have a problem with it "... The main manager and I analyzed the wording on a ticket one day and it says a non registered shop can sign their letterhead as proof of repair, meaning do not sign the ticket only our work order.. Service manager was later told simply do not sign them anymore.. But he is still signing tickets when main manager isn't around... Now, the wording makes what he is doing fraud since we are not a registered repair shop ( something that he does not get what really means ). Is he or the company liable if the court system catches on?
That is some funky stuff, sometimes it is the SIGNER who would be liable! There is nothing worse than having different "rules" depending on who you ask.

Brian
Old 06-05-2016, 12:05 PM

Everybody except him knows not to sign them, we always have known. so it's only him if the signer goes down and hopefully it's not the shop. I think it's only not in policies because you can't put everything in policy. Some things have to be assumed right or wrong.. And not run by a total idiot

You should see some of the sketchy tires he repairs.. Well below 2/32", some with wires showing. He does not get that a repair makes the shop liable for the tires safety. So when it blows, if it causes any damage the shop IS liable... The excuse of they don't have enough money is crap, because we can put their spare on for them free of charge and they would appreciate it.

His personal truck needed balljoints. He needed tires because of the balljoints. He replaced the tires with the least expensive tires we sell and did nothing with the balljoints. That was 3 months ago. He bought another tire a month ago because one was already worn out.. Now he's not driving his truck because it now needs tires due to wires showing and balljoints and he can't afford everything right now.. As Forest Gump said " A Stupid Is A Stupid Does

Last edited by matt167; 06-05-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:49 PM
the 'Duracell Project'

Quote:
Stupid Is A Stupid Does
you need to take your own medicine
you've been publicly whining about your job for over 6 months
unemployment is below 5% in this country, any idiot can get a job these days
your either willing to put up with anything to keep this job or your very 'special'
time to move on
Old 06-05-2016, 07:46 PM

As I said, I tried to turn the shop back into what it was. I can't so yes, as I said I'm persuing other avenues at this point.. The problem is good jobs are few and far between in this area. But hopefully it will be behind me soon

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in