Dimension 48 chevy - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 11:04 AM

Last journal entry: A few more
Wiki Edits: 0

MrWood; "All" the glass is different for the aerosedan. The side vent frames and garnish moldings. The Aerosedan is a stand alone model. Front sheet metal and rear fenders are interchangeable. Rear deck lid and doors are not.If the one piece for a sedan is not tempered then you can take it to a glass company and get it cut. Just make sure you treat the back window like a golden egg cause if you break it it will cost ya big time. Haven't got the measurements yet.

John

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 AM

Last journal entry: Csr Electric Water pump

Good to know about the rear window i just through mine on the floor.......syke lol no mine came out real nice and all my window trim is in great shape just need a little rubbing to get to show quality but as for the front window there is a company making the one piece fronts there pretty pricey may look into getiting one built for it if not just bite the bullet and get a piece from them not sure of the companys name as i sit here talked to them at Goodguys and i think it was like $600 or so as of now i am trying to get an engine lift here so i can get my motor and tranny in for mock up and test fit headers plan on running the fender well headers and run exaust on the outside of frame up tight! so waiting on a few things still. this ? thing is great with other people who know what there talking about! and actually have the same car rock on!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:45 AM

Pro 48 I know where there is a NOS front splash pan. Its in mint shape. I've already got one that is NOS. Do you want a '46 grill to paint or chrome.?? Or just the mouth?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:32 AM

Last journal entry: Csr Electric Water pump

well maybe all 3 intrested in the pan and the upper mouth peice , hell maybe the whole grill if i can get it right!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM

MrWood ; Here's the measurements you are after. The distance from the ground to bottom of front of frame.(by stabilizer) 16 1/4"
From ground to bottom of rear of frame 17 1/2".
Hope these help you out.
Oh by the way. These measurements are taken with 6:00x16" tires on them.(Stock Tires)
PRO 48 I haven't forgot you just been really busy and haven't got to storage to take some pics for ya. Coming soon.

Cheers!!! and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:21 PM

Last journal entry: My 1962 Falcon

re: Dimension 48 chevy

here is a link to my journal, i hope it works as it shows what all i have done to my 48. Let me know if it does not work.It use to show up on my post, but it is now gone. https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...11&action=view

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in