Don't Cha' Hate it - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2019, 02:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Don't Cha' Hate it

When your part (a radiator) comes in and you only look in the top of the box instead of inspecting the whole thing?

Then 2 weeks later you flush your system so it's all spiffy clean for the new radiator and get to work removing the old one.

Voila' the new rad comes out of the box!
OH CR#P! some fins are bent and even a tube is bent. The side mounts are bent in from shipping dropping it sideways,
Then the kicker ..... you see tranny fluid dripping out of the tranny cooler port!

Summit doesn't have anymore in stock! But they got Cold Case to drop ship a (hopefully) NEW one to me. Hmm, will it go out today? UPS behind the scenes shipping works 24/7 so it would get far over the weekend maybe arrive Mon or Tue. Or if it doesn't hit the truck today it will be later in the week, probably when I'm busy.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 04:52 PM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

That sounds like the story of my life. Good luck to ya !

454 RATTLER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 05:57 PM

Wouldn't that rip ya nightie.

Russ

Old 07-06-2019, 05:59 AM

Damn, didn't get a tracking number overnight so I guess it's going out Monday. The good part is that I don't have to wait for them to get to Summit and then be shipped to me.
Even if I don't drive it everyday, I always want to drive it when it's in pieces.
Anyway, the cold case rad is WAY better built than my old one in what I could see so far with the gauge of aluminum they used for the frame and brackets, and more important, where it gets filled, under the cap, my old one was stamped out. The new one is billet. There was one pretty crappy weld on it but the rest looked good.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:02 AM
Collector of "someday" cars

Last journal entry: continued

Thanked 4,765 Times in 2,634 Posts
My experience with UPS from Summit is, the package may get a shipping label or even leave their dock, and they will say "it's shipped", but they don't travel over the weekend. I've bought hundreds of parts from them and if I order it any later than Wednesday now, I don't see it until the next week. What used to be 2 days to MN has grown to 3 and if a weekend falls in there, 5...

I had 1 damaged radiator shipped to me many years ago and they replaced it free also, but a person still has to wait for the new part to arrive and yes, I had installed it when the leak in a tube appeared, so I wait for the new one, instead of finishing the car...
Old 07-06-2019, 06:12 AM

Yes, they got too big for their shipping dept. Or they are demanding such cheaper high volume rates from UPS that UPS doesn't pick up late at night like they used to. I'm in the ups 1 day zone from Summit GA and things used to get here the next day even if I ordered it late at night. Now even if I order early in the morning it takes two days to get here.
I complained over and over that there "ships today" is false advertising but they always blame it on ups. Even when their shipping label isn't printed until after midnight, they still claim it was shipped that day. It's a bunch of bull, but they still are a great company to deal with as far as returns go.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:34 AM
Collector of "someday" cars

Last journal entry: continued

Thanked 4,765 Times in 2,634 Posts
Yup, more volume than the shipping department can handle and I HATE that "Shipped" crap when all they did was print a label, and I've told them and many other stores, that it is bullcrap too. May as well save our breath because they don't' care.

I drove from MN to FL last weekend and happened to stop at the exit where their warehouse/store is for gas. I was tempted to wander in and see if I could remember what parts I need for the next step in the Camaro process, but was a little pressed for time to make a 10:30 appointment in Dunnellon FL the next morning.

4-5 years ago I was buying parts to build my street rod from Speedway in Lincoln NE and they used Spee-Dee delivery. I live 1.5 hours from Speed-Dee and would get my parts the next day for about $8. I bought a few things from them a couple weeks ago and was impressed that they now offer "free" shipping too, as long as I was willing to wait 5-7 DAYS ??!! I STILL had to pay $8 to get it here in 3... They did send me a link for a survey and got an earful about where they could stuff their "free" shipping scam.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Thanked 6,695 Times in 4,305 Posts
I have to say, I have bought and sold a lot of stuff on eBay and tracking of the USPS can be pretty funky. I have had it say it was "delivered" to me and was handed it two days later by the postman. I have also dropped stuff off at the post office where for DAYS it says it was "received" or what ever the description is at the post office but nothing after, MANY DAYS without anything in the tracking other than they "received" it. Then WHAM, it's 800 miles away checked in at a post office in an other state. Geeeez
The tracking is nice but you have to take it with a loose eye for sure.

Brian

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in