Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock Power Package Top-End Kits 2022 vs 2038
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Redneck Professional

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben17484 View Post
I definitely fall in to the category of inexperienced. This is my first build so am looking to make it as simple as possible. The Edelbrock kit is reasonably priced with pretty good reviews and it all bolts straight together.
Does anyone know of a better kit and can anyone see why the supposedly better kit of those two is cheaper?
Once again. Edelbrock kits are expensive for what you get! I don't understand why you are stuck on a kit? Reviews on the Internet are not always what they seem. Don't you know there are companies that specialize in giving products good reviews. VERY few experienced people here would use an Edelbrock kit because the resulting performance is sub par. Please keep all of these things in mind. If better is more powerful, then neither kit is good. Most all first gen SBC parts bolt straight together - doesn't mean they are all good choices.

That said, please advise exactly what you have and what your goals are. We can work with that.