Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Final fitting of rear quarter skin?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 07:22 AM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 5,418 Times in 3,190 Posts
Think of a drawbridge and how one side would collapse without the other. You have to push the quarter out as well as the patch. Echo echo echo.

I had to backtrack and see where the pounding flange flat came into play.

Two personal observations:

Everyone here who could help has said their piece repeatedly. You listen selectively, and may lack the spatial skills required for the task. Not everyone is good with shapes and you're probably good at things those people aren't. Nothing against you really, the world and life itself depends on individuality.

I believe it might be helpful if a moderator merged the three threads you have created concerning the same single panel. All of us have heaped care on them but it just hasn't helped the job.

I hope you don't get upset with me for speaking my mind. You've got to try again while pushing the quarter out. Make a template and stop referencing the straightedge vertically. That's all I got for you at this point. It may sound gruff but I am trying to help. Perhaps a re-read of the entire thread series could foster a new understanding, I don't know. But you're the guy standing next to the car with tools and there's no magic in our words.

Last edited by idrivejunk; 10-03-2016 at 07:38 AM.