Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First bbc 427, 3904390 heads questions
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Okay here are my options

use the 390 heads, get closed chamber pistons, rebalance

use the 781 heads, (possibly change pistons? I dont understand this, these heads were used on 454's, my pistons should be same compression height, bore dome etc i would think as he was going to use 454 heads i believe, what am i missing?), rebalance if new pistons are used. IF! the pistons in the shortblock will work with these heads then this will be my head choice no question

Assuming i have to change pistons with either head. Which is better??? I believe the 781 gives me more options and seems to be much more popular

fbird- do those require the same special closed chamber pistons as the 390's? because the chambers look different that mine (i think). In regards to the solid roller. This will be in a truck that gets cruised in, alot. It will hit the strip a few times but will be lugged around. I know the topic is debated highly but can a solid roller withstand low rpm cruising. And no i am not looking for an rv cam, definitely set on a cam that makes power up high.