Flush mounted fuel cap
OK, I have a couple questions from hopefully some one that has experience with this. I was watching *****in Rides, the Buick Invicta episode and they added a flush mount gas cap and obviously filler tube to the tank up on top of the left rear quarter. I understand that the cap is vented but I have a few questions.
1. What size filler tube do you run down to the tank?
2. I have added one of these caps to a cycle I did for a guy but with a car driving it would water fill the cavity and make it impossible to open without the water draining in?
3. Could I mount this vertically on the side of the quarter to prevent what I explained in question 2?
4. With a vented cap is there any need to vent the tank?
5. And over filling it and having it spew out on the paint is a scary thought.
This is a pic of the cycle I did for a guy and I had been kicking the idea around for my own car for a couple years but after seeing them do it on the show it has brought it back to the front of things I want to do.