Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Getting butt welded sheet metal joints smooth
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Rod...from a Chrysler?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanked 4,761 Times in 2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I'm not saying your way doesn't work, heck, I didn't even read what you had to say. I'm addressing the poster.

What's funny here is, the guy just a few posts ago asked about what to do around welds...I recall that question being asked a while ago and while many others said, "shrink shrink shrink" , I said stretch stretch stretch. Funny to know you weren't there being the thread police on that one but here you are trying to knock my answer. I don't care, it works. I will say it again, it works.

Red= right hand turns with your left hand

Green=left hand turns with your right hand.

Left cuts with the red off set? Not gonna work out so great.

I ask that the original poster go out in the garage and try it for himself. I'm not here to be "supreme" knowledgeable internet guy, I'm here to share advice. If you don't like it, I don't care.
Actually, Henry, do try to rein supreme.
You have a huge problem. When you're wrong, just admit it and move on.
I read a thread somewhere that stated BS would be called out on this forum and I'm calling you out on it.

So, essentially, "Thread Cop" as you say.

All snips, you cut with YOUR good hand. You DO NOT use one in your left hand and use the other in your right hand.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (01-21-2017)