GM Wiper Circuit - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 08:02 AM
This is what it's all about

Last journal entry: Underbed Panel for 1940 Ford Pickup
Wiki Edits: 0

Hi Jon,

I'll get this right yet. I correct myself again, the gray wire is connected to everything but hi and washer. It is connected to off (park), low speed, single wipe and delay wipe. I'm still going to check out that yard and see if the car is still there with the wiper control module. The Newport wiper unit is in the truck already, just not to power. I've run it on its' control switch that came with it, from a gel cell 12V., and it ran fine. I'm just trying to get it from the GM column. Then I can use that hole in the upper dash for a warning light from the dual-brake system failure switch. Also, the stalk controls from the tilt column is cool. How easy was it for you to run a washer motor from the column?

Elder Rodder

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Cubic Inches is King

Last journal entry: High Resolution Drawings

GM Wiper Circuit

Elder Rodder,

OK lets wait and see if you get the wiper control module. Your stalk switch wiring will not work with Pete's circuit because the grey wire is different, and because (maybe) the motor is wired different, too.

I wanted to know about the Newport motor wiring and operation so I could see how to design the circuit the right way. In Pete's circuit, connecting the Park to the High speed connection makes the motor park. I do not think the Newport motor is wired like that.

Jon P
Old 08-18-2006, 08:45 AM
This is what it's all about

Last journal entry: Underbed Panel for 1940 Ford Pickup

Integrated Turn Signals from GM Tilt-Column

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the good information. I'm sorry to bring another topic into this thread on wiper control from GM column but there was no way I could see to ask it from your information thread. Yes! I am indeed a lucky man in that there is a separating metal divider in my repro '32 taillight bucket. You read correctly: each tail lamp contains 2 single filament bulb receptacles, one on top side of the divider, and one on the bottom side. A total of 4 receptacles for two tail lamps. I'm so happy at that news because I had not drilled the bed roll through the stake opening before paint. I was fretting over how to get a wire opening for a bed lite through there without ruining something. One of those little things that you regret later. Now I'll just use roll plugs on both ends. You have been more than helpful on both of these topics Jon, so, let me thank you for that. Really great not to be alone with all of these things.

Elder Rodder
Closed Thread

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in