Hot Rod Forum banner

Heads Or Bore?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Forsaken502 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Hey,
I noticed you threw torque into the equation. I f you are looking for gobs of low end torque and won't be running 7000 RPM, in my opinion, your stock heads will do fine. Why do I say this? Once upon a time I built a 350 with high compression (actually too high), a Comp Cams 268H cam set with 4 degree advance, Edelbrock dual plane manifold, and headers. It provided me with the pleasure of neck snapping torque and hp with the standard run of mill, plain-jane heads. If I were building a high RPM engine for the strip, then I would definitely invest in heads that can breathe better than stock.
As far as boring goes, there is old adage: "there is no substitue for cubic inches."
Bottom line is that it depends how you are going to build the rest of the engine and how you will use it.
Just my two cents worth, Skidmark

#6 ·
I would be careful. There was a recent member post in which he received one light and one heavy casting from some outfit in CA. If the heads are heavy castings and the same # castings, it would be a decent price for $300/pr.

#9 ·
I believe it was I who said it was a set in the other post, but I'm not completely sure, I haven't seen a site that sells heads seperatly, but just to be sure I'd ask the seller before you buy.

BTW: does anyone know where to find Desktop Dyno 2k head flow files for that set of heads? (LPS Track Pro)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.