Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HF English Wheel
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 01:34 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks, and I hope the book helped a bit with your designs and fabrication efforts. I haven't been doing any new car projects. My current interest has taken me in the direction of electric vehicles. I've built two electric trikes of my own over the past year and am now working with a coalition of the Merced County Dept. of Education, the local police (who supply recovered bike parts), a local Lutheran church and local civic groups to build "adaptive bikes and trikes" for children with developmental needs who can not balance or ride traditional bicycles. I build the trikes to fit each child's particular needs and then provide them free of charge. The Dept of Education identifies the local school children with special needs and the other organizations provide financial support and/or raw materials. We've started small but we hope to expand rapidly so every special needs child in our school system can have access to the freedom and fun of a bike. Plus I get to do my very favorite thing...fabricate interesting machinery to motor down the highway.