Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HF English Wheel
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Will I ever get it done?

Last journal entry: Hood
Wiki Edits: 0

Left work at 5 last night. It takes me about 5 minutes to get home. Changed into my work clothes. Got the 2 wheeler and loaded my E-wheel which was on the front porch and hauled it to the garage. At this point I must admit the box was terribly beat up. Fearing the worst, I unpacked it. No damage. Started using the instructions, but since I work alone and the way they did it required 3 people, I made up my own assembly order. Got it assembled. Grabbed some oh2thin aluminum I snagged at an auction with whole bunch of other stuff and started wheeling. In no time I had a hump in the middle of the sheet (about 12" x 48"). I am going to have to work on my "steering." I seem to go the wrong way every time. At about 6:30, I was in the shower getting ready to meet friends at Ike's Chili for dinner at 7.

Bottom line, I think I can do this. I am ordering the extra 6 dies. I am also going to get some tear drop mallets and a beater bag. I know these are TR dies, but, at present at least, my welding and dollying skills are not at bondo free levels, so I am not worried if my E-wheel skills are not.

I think I will also build a frame reinforcement like Jame Riser built. You can see it here: http://www.jamesriser.com/Machinery/...l/Finally.html
Simple and easy. Should greatly reduce the deflection.