Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Holley billet fuel pressure regulator issue.
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 06:48 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Forget my last post I erased my statement but I don't understand why just because a regulator has a built in return line that it can't be used for a mechanical fuel pump application. I am going to bypass the regulator and hook my pump straight up to my carb and see how much the pressure changes or if at all. If it does not then I guess I will have yet again get another pump with more pressure. I guess I might need start saving again and get the fuel regulator with no return in it and then buy a fuel pump with a return line. This stuff is a headache and all because that piece of crap holley pump that I had for a year and it just must of been a dud as it would keep loosing pressure even after I installed the return line and everything else and the pump was running cool. I don't know what happened with it as as its being gravity fed by the tank and sat below it.

O well the art of fixing things and throwing out money. I will fix this the right way however much its going to cost me in the long run but it will be a while gotta get some more cash rolling in. I guess I will leave it as is for now since I did drive it and had no issues I just need to not be getting on it that's all. Thanks Tommyk for pointing that out I did not see that part but it still does not make sense to me though.

Last edited by eric32; 05-11-2019 at 07:00 AM.