Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - hood hinges
Thread: hood hinges
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:58 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I am kinder held up now as I am waiting for a radiator shell wadding or gasket if you like that cushions the hood off the grille shell.
I would be wise to wait until it turns up in the mail just to have all my bases covered.

I am off tomorrow to see the laser cutting people to get my stainless hinges cut out.
It is still quite a high risk action, but I need to bite the bullet and run with my gut feeling that the hinge design will work OK.
I've made a slight change to how the back edge of the hood will lift, so it lifts sooner and higher by a whisker or two.

I've made cardboard templates for the remaining portion of my hood side inners and will look at making some kind of small sheet metal boxes to attach my hinges to the hood thru, which will act as a levelling device with adjustment.

There is a lot going on in the back ground so what I post is a very small part of what I have had to work out and refine.

The other good news is that, I have finally found a guy with a large enough (throat sized) press that will accept my hood for pressing and forming the center hole cut out for my twin carb air cleaners to protrude thru when I am ready.

He said I can just let him know and he will open his shop any Saturday morning for me to come in and give it a go.
What a guy...
The Following User Says Thank You to fiftyv8 For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (08-08-2019)