Well, it came out so nice I didn't want to do the clear.
Lots of strangeness on this little job though. First I mixed my SPI epoxy (A looked OK, B had turned goldish-brown), let it induce for 2 hrs, went to set up my gun and no air. Blown start capacitor, $75 and a 3 hr delay. Shot the epoxy which went on perfectly and cured hard overnight. Sanded nibs, mixed the blue 4:1:1 and shot it. Went on perfect and cured quicker than the tech sheet showed, I was able to reassemble it a couple hrs later.
For a small project (this time) using old, but quality paint worked out. I reckon the blue (unopened) was from 2007-ish and the epoxy was also that old but I've used it in small batches over time. I'd have never tried this on something that was larger or needed possible matching later on...