Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How old were you when ....
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Wiki Edits: 3

What is the deal guys?!

Geez! Cut the kid some slack, he's 15. I read this thread for the first time today and I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the way people reacted. Seems like some of the older guys on this site got a little insecure and huffy when the first kid said he built a 500 horse 302. Who are you to say he did or didn't build the thing? First of all, he never said the motor was really his, honestly it was probably his dad's motor and he helped build it. He was probably just proud of doing something like that and wanted to get a "right on kid" or something like that.

500 horse is not imposable to make out of a NA 302. Furthermore, the specs on the engine were never posted, so it could very well be a high hp motor, none of you have the data to disprove that. There is absolutely no reason to jump this kid's $&#@ about this. This isn't the first time this has happened on the site either. There seems to be some resentment about young guys getting into hotrodding and are not taken seriously when the post on the site; that's not fair. The question was how old were you when you built your first motor, not "please rip my hp and torque specs and call me a liar." If you had nothing to add to the first question, you should not have posted on this thread. For a new member, this guy sure did get a nice welcome, for crying out loud he's only posted six times.

k