Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How old were you when ....
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Anything with a throttle

Wiki Edits: 0

As much as I loooved cars my parents would never let me work on them. When I was 6 years old I wanted to rebuild an engine but got grounded instead. To satisfy my craving for oil covered metal I would sneak down at night and work on the family car. The first night I snuck downstairs after bed time and removed the crank. During the day I reground it .10 under and when dad got home from work I slipped it back in without anyone knowing...Dad did say the car ran kinda funny...I soo thought I was busted....Each day I would remove one car part to refurbish during the day only to replace it after dinner while everyone was to busy to worry about what I was doing. One day I loosened the drivers side headbolts so I could just lift the head up enough to slip the piston back in and mom caught me...She asked what I was doing and I just turned the piston upside down and told her I was emptying the ash tray....~WHEW!!!!~Years later me and dad had a big talk and it turns out he liked cars too but mom didn't want any of us working on them. Dad was a proctologist and he told me he had a trick of backing the car up to the garage and rebuilding the engine through the exhaust so mom wouldn't find out!