Hydraulic press break help question? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Change is Opportunity!

Last journal entry: One More Seat
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Twister
I want to answer you! but ive got to get a little work done today... advantage or disadvantage of self employment.Ha Ill be back this evening. thanks for everything guys!!!
A couple of build pics of the press. FYI

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 01:35 AM

pressbrake unequal pressure with off-center work

Don't know if you have solved your problem yet but here's my two cents. How about using a long heavy shaft as your fulcrum for both levers? Then you would need adjusting turnbuckles in your final link to accomodate any tapered brakes you may want to do. Can't think of any way of doing it in the hydraulics that would be possitive enough. Hope this helps. P.S. Thanks for all the great pics. Been wanting to build one of these things for years but didn't know how to go about it.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Change is Opportunity!

Last journal entry: One More Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald
Don't know if you have solved your problem yet but here's my two cents. How about using a long heavy shaft as your fulcrum for both levers? Then you would need adjusting turnbuckles in your final link to accomodate any tapered brakes you may want to do. Can't think of any way of doing it in the hydraulics that would be possitive enough. Hope this helps. P.S. Thanks for all the great pics. Been wanting to build one of these things for years but didn't know how to go about it.
Thanks, I found a mach/ fabricator forum, they seem to think a 50/50 splitter is th solution.? Im still looking into it. I will let you know what i find. Other than the one glitch the machine works great. I bend up 1/4 spindels on it or 20 ga sheetmetal, I encourage you to build one.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:08 AM

Phasing rams

I hope you have solved your problem. If not we use phasing rams on some of the equipment we manufacture, which would solve your problem easily. phasing rams are plumped in series ie for 2 rams top port on first ram is plumped to lower port on second ram. You use for example one 3" & one 3 1/4" ram to allow for oil displacement.

http://members.westnet.com.au/ptehyd/slp.html
Methods of bypassing traditionally have included internal barrel grooving, pin holes (leading to port cap) in cylinder walls and flow dividing devices.
Flow dividers are expensive to purchase and have greater inaccuracies in rod extension rates, while barrel grooving continues to damage piston seals. Pin hole design also damage seals, in addition are prone to blockages by contaminants and cause the oil to heat and foam.
Another major advantage of Phasing Cylinders is its accuracy in synchronised lifting with multiple series cylinders having less than 2% variation between rod extensions. This reduces torsional stresses from misalignment and therefore reduces the amount of framework required in structural fabrication.

Phasing rams are commonly used on farm machinery so should be easily attainable.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Vise jaws

We have brakes at work and even with our new one, if you don't run parts in the center it will now set down evenly.

Kevin

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in