Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I just want to: install a 5.3 vortec into my 1996 1500
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 06:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,178 Times in 931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLOL View Post
Is there an article available on how to do that, Bogie?

Here's a couple things :

1) This is a conversion actually developed by GM for California vehicles where the CSFI had failed. These are a special designed high impedance injector made to fit where the original pressure valves were installed in the manifold. This shows in a hot-rodder sense that the original injector drivers in the computer box can drive a manifold mounted HI injector.

Vortec CSFI to MPFI conversion

2) Going beyond that I recently made a discover of what I was taking about which was to use a conventional manifold dual or single plane with injector bungs, a Throttle Body that mounts the necessary sensors, driving the injectors off the factory computer. This would use high impedance injectors more of the TPI style than the GM California L30/L31 fix injectors. This unit is from Racing Head Service but is quite representative of what I have in mind.

Small Block Chevy EFI Single Plane Intake Manifold w/ Fuel Rails - Intake Manifolds - Intake Manifolds

Bogie