Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I think i just bombed my car
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodoq View Post
im painting my car with sherwin williams ATX brand i believe its oil based. before i paint my car i cleaned every inch of my garage and for some reason alot of dust appearing from no where even my garage is fully closed. is this due to the oil based paint? the guy who is painting my car told me it probably because its oil based. now i have my car painted (just the color not clear yet) the car feels like a sandpaper due dusts stick on the paint. my painter told me to just wait 1-2 days n wipe the car with wet rag so itll remove the dusts on the car so he can put the clear. now this is where i need tips from the experts. i tried to wipe it without any pressure and i can see the primer, it looks like the paint doesnt stick on the car and the weird part is, its only happen on some part, the other part i can just wipe it with my fingers and it took some dusts off which is a good thing but the other side of the car i cant do anything to it because it feels like the dusts really stick on the car. any tips so i dont have to sand it and repaint it again?

sorry for my broken english
Thanks!!
I did spot repairs for a couple years using ATX. It's not the greatest paint but most people dislike them because of their toners and ability to match color, specifically on metallic. Oil based paint is house paint last time I checked and not what you have, unless they also have an ATX labeled paint for house paint, that would cause a lot of confusion. I think your painter rushed the job and didn't ensure the kind of cleanliness needed to paint and fed you a bunch of lies. At least he could have made it sound believable.